Missing dog, Tilly, thrown in car crash found herding sheep on Idaho farm

A dog named Tilly is back home after an eventful 48 hours.

Linda Oswald’s family and their 2-year-old Border Collie were driving on a highway on Sunday in Idaho when their GMC Yukon collided with another car, the Spokesman-Review reported.

Idaho State Police Troopers said the driver of the other vehicle was taken to a nearby hospital and was treated and released. No one else was injured in the crash, but the ISP asked for people in the area to be on the lookout for Tilly, who was ejected from the vehicle when the rear window shattered, and ran off, unharmed, after the collision.

Police asked the public to be on the lookout for Tilly who has no tail, a dark-colored face and weighed about 70 pounds.

The Oswalds’ searched for Tilly for 10 hours on Sunday to no avail and decided to head home.

“We were sore and exhausted,” Oswald told the Spokesman-Review.

The family decided to create a Facebook post with a picture of Tilly in hopes of finding their beloved pet.

“We are offering a reward,” Oswald said in a June 6 post that’s been shared more than 3,000 times. “He is shy so please pm me or contact via FB if you see him.”

The post reached a farm one and a half miles from the accident where two brothers, Travis and Zane Potter, noticed something different about one of their shepherds, the Spokesman-Review reported.

The dog had redder fur than their Australian shepherd named Hooey and later recognized the dog was Tilly from a Facebook post they had seen.

A Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office deputy was driving by right after Zane found Tilly and handed him off on Tuesday morning.

“I think that dog was trying to herd,” Travis Potter told the Spokesman-Review.

Cicada invasion:Is your dog snacking on cicadas? Here’s how to keep them safe until the insects disappear

‘Don’t want Bruce to die’:This boy loves his Pokémon cards. But he sold them to save his dog’s life

The Oswald’s were reunited with Tilly later that morning, but Tilly may have been still reeling from the accident.

“(Tilly) was not having it,” Oswald said. “I think he was a little upset, like, ‘Hey, you guys left me out on that prairie for 48 hours.’”

The dog had lost some weight but was otherwise healthy, KHQ reported.

“I just cried every day,” Oswald told the Spokesman-Review. “It was ridiculous, but you get so emotional over your pets.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *